Monday, June 13, 2011

Wow! So... the benefit I staged at Ye Olde Bicycle Shoppe on Sunday had the place jumpin', and the sounds of ethereal voices and foot-stompin' blues were pulling people in off the street out of mere curiosity to see who was responsible for these beautiful noises. Well, I can tell you right now that Mark Dabin, Andy Gordon, Frank Macias & Los Amigos were directly to blame. Out of what was just a few hours of music - and a certain Little Person walking around with the famous Bundy Love Bucket - we, together as a community, raised a grand total of $477.95 for the Howarth/Fenwick family. ALL the performers gave their time and effort for little more than a coffee. Liz and I together have made a public statement (published in the Highland News by Thursday) thanking everyone involved in what was a bloody fantastic community effort. Ye Olde Bicycle Shoppe are a bunch of amazing people; they support everything I do. They're bigger carnies than I am.

Here's a couple of photos from Frank's set. More to come!



Frank Macias bluesin' it among the bikes...






Grant Burkitt being amazing on harp...















Next up, I have the Bundanoon Winter Festival opening night street party! It's a night of fun and games, mulled wine, music and food. For the deets on Winterfest, just head here and read all about it.

If you're a stalker, you might like to show up that night and hide behind a tree to watch me sing, or perhaps you'd like to show up at my house sometime while I'm out, and dress up in all my lingerie.

And just in case you didn't see it the first few thousand times:

No comments:

Post a Comment